Does SquareTrade cover used or refurbished items?While most SquareTrade Protection Plans only cover new items, there are used or refurbished items that we do cover, including:
- Mobile phones that were insured through a service provider up to the date you purchased your SquareTrade warranty. Click here for details.
- SquareTrade Family Plans require that only one phone either be purchased in the last 30 days or be insured by a carrier until the date you purchased your SquareTrade warranty.
- Some certified refurbished items purchased only at select SquareTrade retail partners (listed below) and covered by a refurb SquareTrade warranty also purchased at the same retailer.
- Staples (Computers)
- Office Depot
- Used items purchased on eBay.
Please note, we do not cover:
- Used items from retail stores with the exception of those listed above.
- Any items, regardless of condition, purchased from classified ads, classifieds like Craigslist, or any other person-to-person sales.