How can I find the serial and model numbers for my item?Serial and models numbers can be found in a few places, depending on your item. For smartphones and cellular tablets, click here for instructions.
For non-cellular tablets:
- The serial number should be printed on the original box or on a sticker attached to the original box.
- The serial number might also be printed or engraved on the back cover or underneath the battery cover.
- The serial number is usually located on a label attached to the bottom of the laptop. It should be the number following “S/N” but may also be listed as a ‘service tag’.
- The serial number is usually located on the bottom of the camera, possibly on a sticker or label. It should be the number following “S/N.”
- The serial number is a string of numbers and letters (usually following “S/N”) located on the back, side, or bottom of your TV. The model number is usually listed in the same place, following “model number” or “model code.”
For home appliances:
- The serial number is a string of numbers and letters (usually following “S/N”) located on the back or bottom of your appliance. It may also be listed on the door frame on ovens, washers, dryers, and other large appliances with doors.