Troubleshooting tips: Touchscreen isn't workingIf your iPhone is experiencing issues with the touchscreen, try these following tricks:
- Restart your device
- Hold the On/Off button until "slide to power off" appears. Slide to power off your device. When it is off, press the On/Off button to turn it back on.
- If you can't restart your device, reset it by pressing and holding the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time for a least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.
- Clean the screen with a soft, slightly damp, lint-free cloth.
- Avoid using the device with gloves, wet hands, or immediately after applying hand lotion.
- If you have a protective case, or if the screen has a protective plastic sheet or film, try removing it and testing the device without it
To test your touchscreen and isolate the issues, try these following tricks:
Use the Maps app
- Open the Maps app and double-tap each corner, then the center, to make sure you can zoom into each section.
- If you’re having an issue with a specific spot on your touchscreen while using another application, try to verify touch functionality for that location using the Maps app.
- Open the calculator app and press each button to make sure the touchscreen is working.
- To test the area at the very top of the screen, rotate the device to change to the scientific calculator and press the buttons in the left or right two rows.